The new SPECTROMASTER C-700 series are the world’s first*1 stand-alone spectrometers that measure every light source (LED, HMI, Fluorescent and the natural light spectrum) PLUS wireless Flash (C-700R only compatible with PocketWizardC wireless system). In addition, with its CMOS linear image sensor, the SPECTROMASTER C-700 series make it possible to measure in 1 nanometer (nm) increments, capturing spikes in light source output, especially LED’s and fluorescent, providing unmatched color measurement accuracy. Through its sophisticated CMOS sensor and advanced software, a wide range of color temperature readings can be measured from 1,600 to 40,000 Kelvin (K).
With its intuitive large (4.3” color dot matrix LCD) color touch screen, the SPECTROMASTER C-700 series offers easy navigation through spectral distribution screens, lighting comparisons, Color Rendering Index (CRI) color data and much more. It is also the first spectrometer to measure wireless flash providing color and light output data. Flash units can be triggered up 30 meters (100 feet) or more using the PocketWizard wireless triggering system. Any flash can be triggered and measured with a touch of the meters measuring button.
In a recent interview, Mr. Lorenzo Gasperini (International Sales Manager, USA), stated that “the gap between still and motion capture has narrowed considerably, and both are faced with the same choices and challenges of conventional and emerging light sources. The SPECTROMASTER C-700 series is the link that bonds the camera with any type of light source, especially LED for color control thats both necessary and demanded by pros worldwide.”
Reproducing colors as they appear in reality has always been the essential goal and dream in photography and cinematography since its inception. Todays digital shooters remain unchanged in their desires to control color precisely, while the diversity of light sources grows. The challenges of these current and emerging light sources, in particular LEDs, is growing rapidly and so is the complexity to control the color out of them.
Sekonic responded with the sophistication of a spectrometer that not only measures LED but also wireless flash in an affordable and user-friendly package.
- Measures LED, HMI, Fluorescent, Tungsten, Natural Light and Flash in 1 nanometer (nm) output wavelength increments from 380 to 780nm
- The worlds first*1 stand-alone spectrometer that measure the flash light with wireless Triggering with a PocketWizardC Receiver Attached (C-700R Only)
- Wide measurement range of Color Temperature (1,600 to 40,000K) and illumination (1 to 200,000lx in ambient light, 20 to 20,480lx・s in flash light) in both Digital and Film Mode
- User-friendly design: 270 degrees swivel head, dark calibration without cap, large 4.3” color touch panel LCD and Customize function
- Various displays (Spectrum Graph, CRI, Text, Lighting Filter for RoscoC and LEEC, Camera Filter for Kodak WrattenC , LEEC and FujiC, White Balance Compensation, Multiple Lights Comparison Modes)
- Measurements of Kelvin (K), Illuminance (lux), LB/CC Filters (for Camera Lens or Lighting Filters), LB/CC Index, CRI (Ra, R1 thru. R15), ⊿uv
- Up to 99 data can be stored in memory
- C-700 Series Utility (in CD-ROM included in the package) offers easy settings in the
meter and analysis of memorized data in computer